2015 Standish Depot and Arenac County Events
5K Walk/Run | Lake Huron Discovery Tour | Santa at the Depot
Depot Days 5K Run/Walk — October 3, 2015, registration 8:00-9:30 am, start time 10:00 am
The races take place on blacktop (accurately measured) in downtown Standish at the junction of Main and Cedar Streets. Race day sign-up is 8:00-9:30 pm, start time is 10:00 am. All proceeds will benefit Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF).
- Official site is DepotDaysRace.com, online registration is at RunSignUp.com. Registration forms are also available at the Standish Depot and Welcome Center, and at the Standish Family Dental Center (206 S Main St, Standish, MI).
- Entry fees are $20 with race shirt or $15 without race shirt.
- Rest rooms, water, fruit and granola bars will be available.
- 5K run has seven age groups: 14 and under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59 and 60 plus. Awards will be given to 1st place overall male and female competitors and 1st, 2nd and 3rd male and female age groups.
- 5K walk has no specific age groups, with awards for 1st through 10th place overall male and female competitors.
Heritage Route US-23 Lake Huron Discovery Tour — October 9-12, 2015
Self-guided tour starts in Standish and winds up at Mackinaw City. The "kick-off" point is Saganing Eagles Landing Casino, where the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe will hold an event to celebrate Indigenous People's Day. Locations of interest in Arenac County include the Casino, Standish Historical Depot and Omer's Ye Olde Courthouse
Santa at the Depot — November 27, 2015, 6:30 pm
Greet Santa at the Standish Historical Depot, talk about whether you've been naughty or nice and enjoy hot cocoa and cookies.
» » » On this page: 5K Walk/Run | Lake Huron Discovery Tour | Santa at the Depot